Melissa wears her Adaline with her wedding set.
In my time working in the Jeanine Payer retail store I have helped countless people make important gift selections and with Valentine's coming up I thought I'd offer some helpful tips. For starters, the words are truly the most important thing--Substance over style as the saying goes. If the perfect words are on a piece that would not work stylistically we can always customize it.
For the woman who already owns several pieces, choosing something from the latest collection is ideal. AND hearts are always a sweet and safe choice for Valentines. In the Spring Collection I recommend the Santaigo with lines by Balzac, Love is the poetry of the senses/Love is the beauty of the soul. Another great selection is the Amatrice which has poetry by Ian Burgham , Resting on our hearts, my map of the world within you.'
I have seen women ponder about a certain piece for a few weeks or men come in and purchase something within 5 minutes! It all depends on the individual. The main thing is that you know the words that mean the most when you hear them.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't buy in sets! one well selected piece is always more powerful.
- Valentines Day is not the holiday for a gift certificate--this is about the sentiment and the thought, literally.
- Women generally like to mix and match their jewelry metals, styles and eras so don't be afraid to buy silver if she has a gold ring, etc.
- Rings are hard as surprise gifts unless you know for an absolute fact what size they wear. Safer choices are necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Make sure you select the style based more on the recipient’s taste rather than yours.
On this Valentines Day we wish you all the best in whatever you chose to give, whether it is a piece of jewelry, a love note, or hand picked flowers, it is all in the romantic, meaningful gesture.